PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WINSTUN Fan Club anyone?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2003, 17:43
Winstun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, well. You all want answers, I’m a busy man but here goes.
Buster, your hypotheticals are flawed:
...And the poor old (hypothetical) pensioner, who finds the (hypothetical) boxcutter in his seat pocket, holds it up to hand to the crew, suddenly gets his neck broken (hypothetically) by a deranged vigilante who thinks he's saving the (hypothetical) aircraft!
I personally know of several highly trained marshal arts pensioners aged 60s, 70s that are could kill you without weapon in seconds. A similar capable hijacker could bring down a plane very quickly. Your risk assumptions based on age or appearance to identify terrorists or deranged suiciders are fantasy. However, if your above hypothetical “ONLY holds up his hand and got neck broken”, I would expect an unlikely event, and not a real hijack threat… but too bad, good pax are in self defense alert mode in 2003.
Innocent until proven guilty
Problem is, by the time you take to realize they are guilty….bye, bye, baby..you’re dead. What you are condoning is risking the life of all on board by failing to act timely and with the consequence of terminating one REAL threat. I am certainly not advocating breaking necks to your ridiculous hypotheticals. Even so, I concede it may on rare occasion occur, unfortunate. This is not pre-emptive action, but reactive. I think many of the average pax group are able to make that judgement – that a hijack threat is current - as seen in recent cases.
Ops, I read you clearly. To be frank, I have not been impressed with your intelligence level in previous posting, however please do not be discouraged. “Interpersonal skills and tact”. You mean you buddies stroking each other on this forum right? Understand that effective and worthwhile educated change is sometimes painful. By the way, my CRM skills are outstanding and I have given many classes on this subject.
Dale and Kaptin…pulling each others chains on my time, how lovely. hmm:: Kaptin, no useful contribution to make yourself? How unusual..
THAT is OUTSIDE the law.
Ooohh…and lemee guess, you NEVER broke a law?
What you have outlined here on PPRuNe is IL-legal
Oh my, lordy lordy, and watching your plane dive to the ground while you sit quietly cause your too friggin wussy to do anything, afraid you might break some madman’s neck. But hey, you’re a happy camper, cause you aint doin nothing IL-legal. How perfectly proper you present yourself.
As for my 9 ATP's being over the top..'twas a case of had to, to survive.
I'm gonna friggin cry, you poor chap. Now, I’m guessing you had about 1 ATP in 1989, and picking up another 8 since rates you as an ATP per 1.75 years man.
example of a pilot doing ALL that she HAS to, to survive in this industry
Dont know what your on about but it sounds sexy.
my own sense of dignity and pride
Really? As an ATC that does not comprehend basic VMC flight procedure…..
making a public declaration of your intent to commit premeditated murder
very sensational, but very incorrect; never declared any such thing and to who? I am getting tired of repeating myself but in the interests of education to ALL, even you: I encourage all pax to use their full defense capabilities in taking out a hijack threat. Yes, in my case that would often quite easily result in accidental termination. IF I did get jail time for such (from Aussie judge….yeah right), I would be comforted in the knowledge that I did right and I would hope most here would be grateful that I had saved their families and loved ones. Thank you.