PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking to start flight training....BUT WHERE?
Old 4th Jul 2015, 18:32
striker26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldnt hate myself for flying here in Canada and it would be easier i completely agree however i have family living in Dubai and because its pretty much my culture and environment preference i wouldn't mind living there (having been there a few times). Honestly for me i prefer to work there and, this may not be true, but i always hear about Arab airlines not respecting FAA/TC licensing even after converting but i dont completely agree with that...

Also, the Canadian airline market is very limited, (AC replacing their Airbus's with Boeing's but not adding much aircraft) and WJ steadily adding 737 and Q400's. The market growth from a pilot's perspective is very limited im sure you could still get hired but like i said i always keep in contact with my friend at WJ and he tells me guys get in with 4000+ hrs (approx 5-7 years of hour building) and most of them are now being placed with WJ Encore on the Q400's. He says some of his friends even after 6 years are working in the North flying pipers still and most have either remained as FI's or moved on with their lives (it is a little bit of luck).

You are completely right about citizenship issues and it would pretty much be impossible and thats the only aspect thats stopping me from comsidering EASA.

Would it be impossible to even get a flight instructing job in the EU? I emailed a few flights schools just to see what what the prospect was for Non-EU citizens working under a work visa after completing an ATPL/FI program.

The safest thing i believe would be to do my training here the convert if i ever wanted to or apply to an airline in the future that doesnt require specific citizenship (i.e. flyDubai)...i guess i want to be as attarctive as possible to a ME Airline as possible!

Thanks for all your replies btw!

Also, i could just save some more money and go with a secure program like cae or ctc but they are so expensive it would take me many many years to save up even with my current job!!

Last edited by striker26; 4th Jul 2015 at 18:36. Reason: add