PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines THY working conditions - worse than announced?
Old 4th Jul 2015, 15:51
Kirks gusset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The laws are very different in Turkey, here the tenant is paying the Emlak commission at home the Landlord pays that. Here the tenant has to even put up basic lights and fix worn out items and replace pieces of old crap, at home this is the responsibility of the Landlord. Last year we paid additional sigorta to protect us incase the building burnt down or we flood the flat below (which apparently could be our fault !) and this year when we went to renew we discovered our Landlord had never paid the money over to Alliance, so infact we were never insured.. we went to the police about this, which is basically " theft", the answer was " This is Turkey" . When I leave I will just withhold my rent as I have as much chance to get my 2 months deposit back as go to Mars! And I know HR at THY will not get involved, as you know it takes months for anything legal to happen here. The advice you give is probably sound and legally correct if we worked on a level playing field, alas, sadly, we often don't. Of course not all landlords are crooks, but often they are living in summer house in Bodrum and Izmir and even getting them to Istanbul is nigh impossible.. The company could easily have a bulk deposit scheme with a large Emlak group and shuffle guys around, but they don't want to get involved

And Porky, what the hell have you been smoking! Im not defending the system I'm deploring it! this is not a THY bash it's a statement of fact how things are relating to the property market here. You should be applauding the system if you got such a quick result and praising Turkey, your resolution was far quicker than even in the UK with the deposit protection scheme taking a minimum of 3/4 months if there is a dispute.. well done!