PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - APO - what is the substantive rank?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2015, 09:29
Brian 48nav

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Herod/TTN

I think I've told this one before too - I was a member of a Herc' crew night-stopping Gan. In the afternoon we were having a few bevvies in the Blue Lagoon, dressed in shorts, short-sleeved shirts and flip flops etc. About 6.30 in walks a VC10 captain in slacks, long sleeved shirt and tie ( why we were expected to dress like that in the tropics G*d knows! ) etc and stands at the bar nursing his beer.

As 7pm approached he kept looking at us and pointing at his watch - we indicated that we were just finishing our beers and then would head off to change. Finally at 7pm he came across and said ' Right you lot, you are improperly dressed, go and get changed now!'

Just as we got up the swing doors opened and in walked a Victor tanker crew, dressed in sweaty flying suits with dangly bits of tubing hanging from them, at their head was a Wg Cdr pilot who rubbed his hands together and shouted,'My round lads what you'll be having?'. At this point VC10 captain sloped off to the dining room and we of course got another round in!

Last edited by Brian 48nav; 4th Jul 2015 at 13:54. Reason: grammar