PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2015, 17:02
KenV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would posit that your suggestion that all of the misgivings about the F-35 raised in this thread are the result of a single blog post is absurd.
And I would posit (again) that the conclusions presented here recently (especially those relating to canceling F-35 orders, reopening the F-22 line. and refitting aircraft carriers) as a result of this single blog post are absurd.

The F-35s performance metrics have been known for years. Loooonggg before this blog post. Yes, there is controversy surrounding the performance specifications the aircraft was designed to. That controversy has been brewing for years. But no, this blog post provides no new insight into those specifications, beyond a fresh "seat of the pants" observation about turn performance in a close in dog fight scenario. And yes, these latest conclusions bantered about here based on that blog post are absurd. Further, I posit that any suggestion that this blog post provides some kind of definitive "I told you so" data to support the many "warnings" expressed here over the years is absurd.