PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2015, 15:26
PhilipG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ken

Would you now with the latest stance that you are taking on what the F35 is be advising Canada to replace it's Hornets with F35s as having an attack bomber as your sole air defence fighter is not a very sensible idea? Ditto Norway of course.

As the F35 is not an air superiority fighter, with the supposed advent of Russian and Chinese Stealth Fighters, I am assuming that you feel it was the wrong decision to stop production of the F22 and as such the line should be put back to work after suitable upgrades have been made to the central computer systems, so that antiques are not being installed in the new build aircraft, whilst we wait for 6th Generation air defence fighters.

I assume as well that you would suggest to South Korea, Israel, Japan and Australia that they cancel their orders for F35s and put in orders for F22s. Together with of course Canada and Norway.

As regards the UK Ken I am assuming that taking your logic forward you would suggest that the decision to put a ski jump on the QEC Class Carriers was wrong and that they should be re-equipped to either take Super Hornets or Rafales, as the F35B is not fit for purpose.

Ken what is the quantum of F35s that you feel is appropriate for the USAF to purchase, still some 1,700+?

A number of jobs in Fort Worth seem to be at risk if you are correct.