PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Shortage: Where’d All the Pilots Go?
Old 3rd Jul 2015, 08:15
oriental flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A perfect summation of what the airline industry and CX in particular have become .
There is absolutely no respect for the crew and AT wonders why we are dubious about the new Rostering Practices . I don't trust or believe anything that comes from management
So Unless it is laid down in black and white on paper without catch phrases or loopholes
as amended from time to time, Roster disruption ,thereby allowing them to throw all the rules out the window . But it's legal ( never mind if it's sensible )
How can anyone be suitably rested for a long haul flight when the crew are constantly changing. Due callout from reserve added before every long haul sector
Or when you look to see who the crew are, there are none listed and you know that they are going to be called out from reserve without an adequate opportunity to rest accordingly

Now they want 3 man to Europe " oh but it's just 2 destinations " Yeah right !!!!
2 destinations for the first week then anytime they can't find a 4 th pilot it will be acceptable to operate 3 man to any port in Europe
Like I said I have absolutely no faith in management sticking to their RPs agreement . So unless it's a contract with absolutely NO dubious wording or allowable variances we should vote it down unanimously .