PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TransAsia in the water?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2015, 03:42
Oakape

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tscottme
I think most multi-engine flight instructors will recognize that starting to shut down the wrong engine is one of the most common mistakes in multi-engine training.

Tscott that is exactly right. I trained multi conversion guys for 10 years and it was hands down the most dangerous kind of flying I've ever done because people would simply panic and use incorrect rudder or close the wrong throttle. I would have thought with auto-feather on the ATR you would be better off doing nothing and focus on target speed and climbing.
This is not GA & it certainly isn't ab-initio twin training. This is airline flying & all pilots should have these issues well & truly sorted out before they come anywhere near the flight deck of an airliner.

The old adage that you get what you pay for may well hold true in this tragedy, but it shouldn't be accepted by anybody when people's lives are at stake. It is not a restaurant meal or a piece of clothing that we are talking about here, but it would seem that human life is cheap & getting cheaper all the time. Profit is all many care about.