PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SHANNON
Thread: SHANNON
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2015, 01:34
EI-A330-300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep in mind that out of a 4.5million population only 1.2 live in DUB
The reason 1.2 million only live in Dublin is because it's fast running out of land and anywhere north of airport bar Swords is pretty much reserved for agricultural use only.

The metro is 2.1 million which are largely less than 1 hour drive and that increases to 3.3 million+ (excl NI) within 2 hours drive. Now that is what you call a catchment area. A few hundred thousand doesn't count.

As for attracting passengers from Galway, given the 24/7 bus service the choice and prices available ex Dublin will win.

I don't expect any new carriers to fly into SNN outside of a possible EIR return. FR are in town and many won't bother with SNN.

The new BE service will be very telling if Galway people use SNN, not sure it will last long.

Cumbrian boy,

Dub LPL may well have been a strong route, but the last foray onto the route was not good. A daily 320 did not do the business, even with the leisure market. My brother was on a 320 with 35 pax, fr was full and EI price was super cheap. This time they will do better, granted with Ta feed but will be small part of it.

I'd agree with comments above LPL dub is EIR territory ..
Possibly suited to EIR but there is a lot of scope excluding T/A feed for A320 ops. I think in time EIR will join EI on it.