PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arline Employment Rumour
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2015, 20:58
Cliff Secord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
390 cruise

One swallow a summer does not make. If you're a current experienced Captain on a useable type, perhaps a trainer, then I could foresee hope.

However, If you're one of the industry's dirty secrets who's suffered at the hands of redundancy despite extensive experience, which I believe Zedbb has (forgive me Zeddb. I gathered this from your previous post on the freight forum and am sure you don't need me to talk for you and I maybe making assumptions given I don't know you) then you'll find the aviation "industry" despite all it's posturing, tail feather waving - as if it were a gift from God himself rather than just a job - is no more immune from the dumping of older people who don't provide a financial incentive than any other industry.

The sooner people get out of their arrogant, out dated idea that piloting/flying/this club/what ever you want to call it is any different from being just another blue collar worker at a financial coal face the better. It's not about if you have the zen quality to float on a carpet or are the best ninja. It's finance. This trick they pull to make you go through selections in this day and age is a facade. If they valued good people that much, they'd look at all good people. What they take is the young, financially willing and lifestyle impressionable.

Last edited by Cliff Secord; 2nd Jul 2015 at 21:15. Reason: Can't tell summer from a swallow