PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudia
Thread: Saudia
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2015, 20:39
burkster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saudia City

I grew up in Saudia City and lived there till I was 18, before moving abroad for university. My dad (just retired) used to be a pilot for SV.

Saudi City is a good enough compound with a supermarket, a couple of resturants, pharmacies, coffee shops, sheesha bars. The best part of living there was the recreation facilities, which cannot be found in any other compounds in the city. AFAIR, there were about 10 swimming pools spread across the compound. 2-3 fitness gyms, many tennis/basketball/volleyball courts, and a big baseball field that was always used by the American school's baseball team.

The compound also has 2 taxi companies operating within. You just call them when you need one, they will come to your door and drop you off anywhere you want to go, outside the compound. Even as far as Makkah and Madinah, for those that want to visit the holy sites.

Anything not inside the compound, is always a short taxi ride away. The compound is in a relatively new part of the city that is quite posh. A gazillion restaurants and cafes within a 10km radius of saudia city. The closest beach is about 5km away.

There are all types of houses in saudia city. From studio apartments to 4-bed villas. The female cabin crew is also housed within saudia city.

If you want any more info on living there or Jeddah, in general, let me know. I can help in whatever way I can.