PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 1st Jul 2015, 20:36
CaptainDan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair Assessment

Hi Guys,

I found it very useful reading about people's experiences at interview over the last few months and so just thought I'd post my recent experience in Dublin.

Simulator Assessment

The Airfield used was Liverpool and the SID was the WAL 2T off runway 27. The SID was cancelled shortly after intercepting the radial inbound to WAL. This was followed by a couple of turns onto various headings and speed changes. The sim was then paused and the assessor asked me to identify where we were on the approach plate.

The simulated emergency was a passenger on board with a heart attack and I had to discuss with my sim partner as to the best course of action. I was then given time to set up for the procedural ILS for runway 27. My sim partner was lucky enough to be given radar vectors! We landed off the approach with no go around.

MCC is key during the assessment and they're looking to see that you help each other along and spot each other's mistakes. This will not reflect badly on either party as long as someone spots it. After all that's why there are two crew members.

Interview

The interview lasted approximately 20 mins and consisted of a mixture of technical questions and HR related questions. My interview was more heavily weighted towards the HR side.

Technical

1. What is V2
2. What is Screen Height
3. How are the flaps powered on a 737-800. What if this fails?

4. Crosswind Component. I.e if wind was 300/10 and runway direction was 27, what is the crosswind component.

The interviewer asked which aircradt I did my ME/IR on but I didn't get any questions on it.

HR

1. Why did it take 3 years to do my PPL
2. Can I fund a type rating
3. Tell me about Ryanair
4. Why did we order the 737 Max
5. Why does it have 197 seats and not 200. I said toilet or emergency exit

6. Why do you want to fly for Ryanair.

7. What other airlines have you applied for. I was honest and told them I'd applied to others but then said why Ryanair was a good fit for me. I was then asked if I'd say the same though if I was sat in front of another airline. I was honest and said yes!

8. What was the most difficult time during training

9. What challenges would you face if you took this position.

10. How did you find your flying instructors.

11. How did you think the sim went. How would you de brief it?

At the end they'll ask if you have any questions for them. They don't want to talk about themselves so I asked questions about the TR.

I received an email two days later advising that I was successful.

Hope this helps.

CD