PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Rant Coming Up.......
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2015, 13:35
Dont Hang Up

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are not 'squeezing' money. They are taking the same amount of money (or more or less) than other carriers but it is sliced and diced.
No, that is a far too fair (inaccurate) statement on what they do.

I avoid Ryanair always, but was ultimately forced to venture onto their booking site because my daughter's school trip required participants to book flights individually - but they all had to be on the same Ryanair flight.

With much trepidation and cautiously feeling my way for all the trapdoors - still I found myself apparently paying for insurance. I backtracked but could not find the opt out. So I Googled and found the advice I needed then went back again.

Sure enough there it was. In the insurance option - a drop down menu to select country of residence. And there, alphabetically between Denmark and Finland was "Don't Insure Me".

I had a Victor Meldrew moment, followed shortly after by a serious John McEnroe moment.

I know that Mr O'leary and his legal team are a little thin skinned about the comments they truly deserve. Therefore I shall say just this. The man has no shame. And another thing he shall ever have is any more of my custom.