PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Rant Coming Up.......
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2015, 12:33
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Devil

They are not 'squeezing' money. They are taking the same amount of money (or more or less) than other carriers but it is sliced and diced.

If FR can take you there and back safely and the OVERALL price is reasonable? If no other carrier is available on the route - or you choose not to use another carrier?

The ONLY price is the bottom line. I agree that those of us that grew up with inclusive pricing find the change uncomfortable at times but everybody does it now.

The UK govt is brilliant at slicing and dicing. Things that used to be 'inclusive' are not 'exclusive' e.g.: When you moved house, you sent in your driver's licence to get the new address and it was posted back for free. Now it is charged for. There are countless examples in all walks of life - from the plastic carrier bag onwards.

The UK, like many 'advanced' nations is a very expensive place to live. We want to pay ourselves nicely and have nice house and nice cars and nice holidays. So things cost more - that's the path of 'free market' that the UK has chosen. How we pay for them can also be chosen. I can shoose to use FR but I cannot choose to update my driver's licence - if I fail to do so I pay a HUGE fine.

Perhaps you should drop your wife off at BRS and then drive to Heathrow - meeting up at the other end. Each deals with the costs/convenience as each chooses.