PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines - THY Recruitment (Merged)
Old 1st Jul 2015, 12:31
Kapitanleutnant

When I went to assessment recently, the english test was the very first thing our group did.

You sit at a computer wearing a headset with a mic about 2 or 3 cubicles from anyone else so that you won't be disturbed from others.

You have to answer questions into the mic from a recording and have a time limit which is plenty enough.

Second part of it is to describe in your own words a picture they put up on the screen again with a time limit. It's more than ample time to do it.

Lastly is an aviation english part where they show either alphanumeric characters which you have to read aloud into the mic (as above) and also some things like altimeter settings to read back that you see on the screen.

I don't mind telling this because it's something that you can either do… or not do. Nothing really to practice on (except your english skills). Our group all made it thru this part.

It's funny as I almost thought I wasn't going to make it because they showed this for me to read back: Frequency 129.35. I got a bit lazy and said "one-twenty-nine point thirty-five. I think the actual proper response should have been, "one-two-niner point three-five as a verbal response. Lol… was a bit worried!!

K

PS…. Kirks, you have an email for that $100 PhD Degree thingy? :-)