PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ponzi scheme targeting crew - Beware - do not become a victim.
Old 1st Jul 2015, 06:40
Kennytheking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Michigan777flyer,

Of course the idea that we should not control people is a fair comment. Banishing talk of this from the plane is an over-reaction. However.......

Should my crew ask my opinion or wish to discuss it, I will certainly give my opinion. We know that nothing is ever guaranteed, not even money in the bank is safe.....ask the Cypriots and Greeks about that, so we know that when they say guaranteed return, they are telling porkies.

Many of these cabin crew are young and impressionable. Many of them are doing this off the back of personal loans. Surely you can realize the massive folly in this and the potential for abuse?

fx is very high risk. Look at what happened last year when the SNB announced they were ceasing CHF intervention. Many traders lost entire trading accounts, brokers went out of business.

I would never tell my crew not to do it, but I would ask them some pertinent questions and offer some Google links to help them with their due diligence.

I may be wrong in my opinion of this scheme, in fact I am not convinced it is a ponzi scheme.....I don't know enough about it, but if it is fx based, then they have not been upfront about the risks.