PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2015, 05:31
mik3bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been reading the thread and trying to find out why Aer Lingus and Flybe have abandoned SEN to EIDW. I was a regular flyer on the Sat a.m. schedule.

Aer Lingus jockey around with the Sat a.m. departure time, it used to be I think a 10a.m. or 10:30a.m. departure then they pushed it back to 11a.m. then 11:30a.m. and before they dropped the service they were departing at midday.

There were intermittent problems with a/c going tech, or delayed inbound for the Sata.m. to SEN as the a/c wasn't available in EIDW so sent in a/c from other routes. It became a bit of a farce towards the end.

Then BE stepped in but was short lived before they too dropped their EIDW service. I haved contacted Stobart Air for an update on when they'll reconvene the services but no joy yet in terms of a reply.

Any chance FR may take up the route or BA or even Cityjet?

Does anybody know wgat is going on and likelihood the Dublin service will recommence?

The ATR was always rammed to full capacity out on Sat and inbound on the Sun evening too.

It's such a shame by SEN it's a great airport and I use it regularly. I've used Squeezie to Amsterdam and the Med.