PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Discussion Closed by Tidbinbilla
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2015, 03:33
gchriste

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would Dick's thread have been targetted by so many loonies attacking the man and not the ball had it have been re-written as:

I am planning on starting a new business (hiring locals) who was planning to bring a Citation 7 from Europe to Australia to seed the business. The Citation 7 we planned to bring in, which is fully approved for operation in Europe and the USA, requires something like $400,000 worth of modifications to operate in Australia. This included both UNS units had to be upgraded plus ADS-B had to be fitted and – wait for it – yes, a full flight data recorder had to be added. After the $400,000 was factored in it was decided not to bring the plane into Australia. Yet again, another aircraft and the employment lost for our industry.

Things seem to be getting worse, not better. I wonder how many more years we will see of our industry being destroyed.
By taking Dick out of the equation, I would think it is an entirely relevant topic for an Australian aviation forum, which frequently discusses the pitfalls of trying to start/run a business.

Sadly, and childishly, some posters seem to take more delight from attacking dick based on his money or profile. This post had nothing to do with Dick as he pointed out, he was inquiring on behalf of someone else.

Let's forget the personality, and support the thrust of the issue instead.

Also:
This would be more appropriate on an aircraft owners forum. This forum is for professional pilots.
. Then why is the forum called General Aviation and Questions, doesn't seem to be tied to professional pilots to me?

ps. It does feel like too much good debate is being moderated, can the crap, but leave the good stuff!