PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking to start flight training....BUT WHERE?
Old 1st Jul 2015, 00:40
striker26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Looking to start flight training....BUT WHERE?

Hey guys, let me give you the briefing. I have a BComm and am currently working saving for pilot training. Currently i've saved about 40k CDN i know its not a lot given the steep price...im 23 and am a canadian citizen

CTC Wings, CAE and FTE Jerez way to expensive...

i really want to do my training via the EASA route, i know a Westjet 737 first officer with 6 years on the job who's making about 70k after tax pushing 85 hrs a month...he too wants to apply to the middle east soon for a bigger pay cheque....and that's peanuts id rather put my efforts towards the middle east since that is my background and i feel their rewards are better...Canadian/US airline jobs pay crap and the same first officer has a friend working for Skywest on the CRJ for the past 3 years barely making 45k...

i was looking into Flying Academy's 0 to ATPL and Bartolini Air's 0 to ATPL as well however im stuck like many, as to what i would do in europe after completing my training....work visa would most likely expire...i was looking into doing my flight instructing rating after and looking for jobs like many...

Anyone have any opinions, i really dont want to do my traning here in canada as airline pilot jobs are the worst compared to europe/middle east and taxes are sky high...? Any help helps! What would you guys do in my position....honest and professional answers welcome, its been my dream to be a pilot so please dont say dont do it...