PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ponzi scheme targeting crew - Beware - do not become a victim.
Old 1st Jul 2015, 00:13
oldpax

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry FX Ponzi schemes

I joined one in 2010,recommended from a friend.During the time in I withdrew small amounts as and when I needed it.Then last year the guy running it sent a round robin saying the US government had put a frezze on his broker in the US.Now we could not withdraw any money,all last year we kept getting mail saying his lawyers were on the case etc.Come Christmas the final letter saying "gee guys sorry to say I have been playing the field and lost ,no money so shutting down ,goodby"!!!!!
So there you have it and @ $200,000 disappeared!The guys name was JOE LEWIS and he is currently on bail in the UK and his assets(such as they will be)are frozen.He returned to the UK after his life was threatened by some of his less than savoury investors.
To all who read this and think they are doing well GET OUT NOW,if you don't you will regret it.I didn't lose a fortune but it paying for a decent lifestyle ,now at 73 I am looking for a short term job again!GET OUT NOW.