PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2015, 22:43
finestkind

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
CM, delightful that this was discussed on page abc; however a comment was made now regards to the dogfighting capabilities which allows a response. As much as you may find it tiresome to go over the same ground new blood in does not, in respect to having not been there (200 and X pages ago). As you rightly pointed out some 320 pages later posters are still bringing up the same tired arguments. The reason, I’m not particularly interested in reading all 320 pages. I have, probably like many others, peeked in on occasion but would point out is that the bolleaux is rightfully felt by those who have a) followed all 320 pages or b) still dream (wet) that dogfighting will once again become the chivalrous game of the “nights” (I jest) of the air. Anyone that still thinks that getting in close and personal, knife fight in a telephone box (haven’t seen a box for years, take that either way) is deep into reminiscing. You would have to have stuffed up seriously as would your opponent(s) to be into guns or it would be backs to the wall again with your opponent in the same position not to shoot and scoot.

My short rant. Excuse me.