PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2015, 14:49
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who used the word "mere" There's nothing merely regional about MAN so why propogate that myth except to play the victim?

Given the Commision is predicated to bring about politically contentious expansion in the Home Counties and London what were you hoping for? News on Runway 3 for MAN? Can we please stop conflating the two issues of hub expansion for the UK's only hub airport (not Gatwick, the other one) with continued excellent growth at MAN?
My word Skip, we are in a provocative mood today.

MAN has been referred to as a regional airport, even by it's own management, and it is regional in the sense it is not London. but it is also an International airport and a sizeable one at that.

Where did I mention expansion in the South East? My first comment was giving some support to the view that BBC reporting leaves something to be desired on occasions and the criticism by Bagso of the "Grounded" article was in my opinion justified.

My second and separate point was made as a MAN enthusiast (a bit of a spotter I suppose) as I was pleased to see the array of airlines on the ground this morning. Nothing to do with 'victim' I assure you and nothing to do with 'conflating' two issues.

Not for the first time, you have effectively attributed words or meaning to a poster that were never written or intended. Please don't do so.