PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where to do my cpl(h)
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2015, 11:50
boratron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to do my cpl(h)

Hello,
i am currently 40 hours into my ppl, with plans to just crack on to do my cpl.
My long term plans are fairly open, i live in the UK but am not really tied down and quite like the idea of doing my cpl overseas (i have been looking at Mauna Loa in Hawaii) but would like some advice..

I am in a position to move in the next couple of months, do i finish my ppl first in thee UK or go straight on to the course offered at mauna loa and do it with them? (and basically not gaining a UK ppl)

I will return to the UK in the next few years, would i be best to hold off and get euro PPl first.

One of the main reasons at going overseas is the more consistent weather and being able to progress quickly. I also like the programme these guys offer, where the hour building is part of the training, the UK seems to be mostly hour building after ppl then doing the cpl. I feel the hour building is just hiring an a/c and then randomly flying around the place, i see this as an ideal way of picking up bad habits.

I dont have the right to work in any other country (other than EU) should i just stay in the UK and find a school that trains whilst i hour build?

thanks