PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Rant Coming Up.......
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2015, 10:14
old,not bold

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Ryanair Rant Coming Up.......

We're off for 10 days in the depth of the Polish forests and lakes, miles from any settlements, where the Internet is known about only vaguely, as something city folk waste a lot of time on. Mobiles ditto; there is no coverage within 25 miles.

We're using Ryanair from BRS to avoid driving to LHR and parking there. It's not my choice; Mrs ONB insists that it's better to suffer FR than to drive another 100 miles or so to use LHR. "It's also a lot cheaper", she adds.

"Will we never learn that nothing is worse than Ryanair, and you get what you pay for" I mutter, but I'm wasting my breath.

So I get to the point in the check-n process where I try to check in for the return flight as well as the outbound. Computer says NO.

I can, of course, if I want to pay the sum exacted for pre-booking a seat.

But I can only check-in without doing that from 4th of July, when I won't be able to. So I'll have to pre-book the seats, as though it makes any difference where you sit in their b****y cattletruck. This is, of course, exactly why Ryanair allows you to check-in without paying to pre-book up to 7 days before the flight and not before. They have carefully calculated that many people cannot check-in while away, just like us, and that nearly all trips are 7 days or longer.

It is being manipulated and jerked around like this that leaves me in a state of hatred about effing FR and all its doings. The endless attempts to get people to spend more on things they neither need nor want. The squawking, shouting bombardment from the cabin staff. The obvious contempt that Ryanair, its staff, and its agents, have for their customers.

So I'll arrive at the airport in a state of suppressed fury, and board in the same state.

Does Ryanair ever wonder why its customers occasionally get so frustrated and angry at the treatment they get that they lose some of their self-control?