PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Discussion Closed by Tidbinbilla
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2015, 07:49
swh

Eidolon

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Dick Smith
SWH . You have missed my point entirely.

I introduced the " first of type " changes back in about 1990 which meant aircraft did not have to have expensive modifications to go on our register .
Dick,

I dont think I have missed your point at all. At no stage was anyone able to import an aircraft from overseas without meeting Australian Airworthiness requirements, even a factory new 737 or A320.

I am somewhat suspicious over the $400,000 being presented. I have previously pointed out to you the availability of an EASA STC for your Citation which adds a WAAS position source without having to go via Cessna so you can be ADSB. The Cessna 650 should also have TD-94s transponders as well, it should not be difficult to get a WAAS data source connected to them and then you have ADSB.

The purchase of a second hand 15-20 year old aircraft like the Cessna 650 is a commercial decision, someone operating in that space should be aware of the airworthiness requirements that apply to every aircraft type in that class.

This is not a type specific/first of type cost being imposed by CASA regulation at all.