PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar to launch Hong Kong based carrier
Old 30th Jun 2015, 07:22
Going Boeing

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
longjohn, from your post, it appears that you believe the statements and financial figures that this management puts out verbatim - the huge majority of employees who are in a position to know what is really happening don't believe a word that is spoken or printed by this totally corrupt management.

Jetstar Asia, Pacific and Japan remain as strategic shareholder investments. Qantas (the business, not Longhaul, short haul, Link, ,FF etc) has made these minor investments along with substantial local partners who possess local knowledge and who are willing to stump up cash.
The board, as representative of the shareholders, makes these investment decisions.
No one who understands the cost of setting up a business believes that this is a "minor investment" - management say that, but there is no way you can set up the required infrastructure without outlaying large sums of money.

Why people would denegrate what Qantas is trying to do is beyond me.
Perhaps you should ask Joyce why he so publicly denegrated Qantas International!

Given the extensive losses sustained by QF international over many years (and government subsidisation prior to privatisation) I would have thought we would be a little more patient when it comes to relatively minor losses sustained in the name of future investment.
Most of the losses that have been attributed to QF International during Joyce's tenure have been "smoke & mirrors" to enable him to continue pouring funds into the various JQ franchises at the expense of the International division - he literally starved the division of the funds it needed to be competitive.

I think it's time you removed your rose coloured glasses and had a look at what has been really happening.