PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines - THY Recruitment (Merged)
Old 28th Jun 2015, 17:51
Kapitanleutnant

I've seen a roster for a 777 Capt and it was about 72 hours and I've been told the layovers (at least the North American ones) are 48 hours.

I think you would have to experience what's going on at EK these days to really get a grasp of how bad it is… and why most of us want to leave… even for less money! I can tell you many many of our guys at EK are either interviewing or have resignation dates. There MUST be a reason…. Ya, it's that bad there. There IS a reason we're all leaving…..

There are some other things that are "intangible" to making a move from EK to TK. Things like being respected (even a little bit more than at EK), things like not being lied to about getting 42 days vacation each year but only getting 30. Why… manning issues? Well, that's not our fault… we don't man the airline… Management does!

I have no illusions whatsoever that things at TK will be nirvana, but they absolutely, positively are a step up from the treatment, the simple lack of respect, the unsustainable rosters, the vacations that sometimes end up in groups of 5 days… yes a VACATION of only 5 days awarded to us.

A TK roster is so far superior to anything at EK… in this small way: A TK pilot on the 777 gets 9 and sometimes even 10 days off in row. At Ek, we can only ever get 5…. and that's very hard to get. And after flying months and months of 92 plus hours per month with crazy time zones PLUS crazy hours of night time/daytime combinations leading to no let up until you have your vacation, it really starts taking it's toll on your health!

So, when I see an actual roster of a TK pilot (B777 CA) with 71 hours and 10 days off in row…. SIGN ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That alone is worth it's weight in gold to any EK 777 Captain!

Kap