PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 28th Jun 2015, 17:49
Sam14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hints ans tips.

I have been reading a lot of posts recently and I was looking for some clarification. I have done my homework before anyone says read the forum.

I am 25 years of age. I stay in the UK. I have started making efforts to gain my PPL through my local flying club and had intended on gaining a fATPL through the modular route. I've got it planned out to complete within 2 years (weather permitting of course) whilst working a full time job.

Been in my flying club recently and I overheard a number of experienced guys (flight instructors, modular trained folk and integrated trained folk who completed their training many years ago) mentioning that the modular route was a waste of time now. The modular folk had no chance of getting jobs as airlines now only look for integrated folk. One guy mentioned that it is CTC integrated folk that are getting the jobs.

When I planned out I would go modular I felt confident about my decision and that I knew I would have to work hard and start from the bottom and work my way up before I could probally secure a big airline job, unless I struck lucky and got an airline job off from the start. Now I feel like I'm making the wrong decision by going modular and that it will be a waste of time as airline wont look at my CV.

My questions are;

1) except from the cost, is there really any difference between integrated and modular folk?

2) after gaining some more hours towards your name along with experience, wether that be under or over the 1500 hours TT threshold, do airlines really care where you trained or which route you took?

3) for those of you who are in the flight decks, do you come across many modular guys who have recently completed their training?

Any other advice is welcome.