PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oman Air hiring CA and FO's
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2015, 14:15
Verga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think hard

oman air pay is very similar to the other airlines in the region. Housing allowance is 600 (you have to find your own accommodation) living at the wave 2bedroom minimum is 700 -750...

Schools for kids - max three kids now attending school in oman, schools are very expensive, be prepared an increase in fees each year however oman air benefits remain the same. just to register your kids you need to pay almost 3000 per kid from your own pocket and then pay the school fees... Oman air pays their share depends on your kids age - just think you have to pay an extra 1000 from your own pocket for each kid.

Fleet transfer - FO 3yrs and 1500 hrs - cpt 3yrs and 2000hrs

Command - 2 years and 4000hrs

Staff travel... Only for yourself and parents if you are single whilst if you are married that would include your family... No friends and family tickets. To makes matters worse oman air staff tickets are more expensive then the other gulf airlines.

Schedule - lots of changes with no bidding system. Night flights to India are the norm. At the moment oman air are short of pilots.

The company are going through an expansion at the moment. Plans change every day, that includes the contract agreement. A lot changed since I joined I guess this is the worst I've seen it.

Oman is a fabulous place to raise your kids. My family loves it here.