PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Mass and Balance - CAP696
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2015, 14:14
Transsonic2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recently took the M&B exam, as well as G-NAV, passed both! As I mentioned above, I've used the question database from ATPLonline.co.uk and I must say the test exam resembles the real ATP exams very closely, as well as the difficulty level! For instance, I've passed the M&B test exam with 92% and I got 93% in the real exam, even though I didn't sit the exams in the UK. So I can recommend ATPLonline to anybody who is preparing for the EASA ATP exams, no matter in which country you are taking the real exams.

A Little note regarding the M&B exam, make sure you know the basic stuff (terminology), expect 1 or 2 CG shift / mass shift calculations, I had a floor load as well as MAC% calculation, but very basic not too difficult. I didn't have a single question regarding the famous "Load & Trim" sheet.

Regarding G-NAV, the main concern is time! You have 120 min for 60 questions, so that's 2min per question! You have to keep an eye on the time during the exam. Don't get stuck trying to figure out a single question! I regularly checked my progress during the exam (~ 15 questions = 30 min, ~ 30q after 60 min) after an hour I was at question number 28, so I knew it will be tight at the end and so it was. I just managed to check the last answer at the last second! I encountered two questions which I choose to rather make a "smart guess" and move on to the next question, instead of getting stuck trying to figure out the correct answer. Regarding my study-strategy for G-NAV I put my focus mainly on Charts, Dead Reckoning (during the exam mainly questions regarding drift angle and ground speed) and In-Flight-Navigation. But still, you need to know the Basics as well! I had quite a few questions regarding initial/final great circle track (convergncy formula)! Also had a question where they were asking for the "Longitude of B is ?" (departure formula). In the end I passed GNAV with 83%.

As already said above, I can highly recommend ATPLonline, that's money well spend! If you do well on the test exam, you have nothing to be worried about and you'll pass the real exams without any trouble!

Last edited by Transsonic2000; 29th Nov 2015 at 01:01.