PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline (preferably Airbus) jobs in Oz
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2015, 11:18
J.L.Seagull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airline (preferably Airbus) jobs in Oz

Hello,

My last post here was around 2 years ago, and after a bit of job (and soul) searching, I'm not much closer to an answer about my future in Australia.

Sorry if I ramble on for a bit, but this is where I stand personally.

I currently live and work outside Australia, but my wife and I both, have Australian permanent resident status. For personal reasons we both decided that moving to Australia would be the best thing to do for ourselves, parents and children.

However, there's no point moving to a place where jobs are, at the very best, scarce!

Getting to the point:

I am A320 qualified (RHS) with around 3000hrs on the A320, and an ATPL. I'm looking at a job which would allow me to continue on my career path. i.e. narrow or wide body, Boeing or Airbus, RHS (for now, with the potential for upgrade); Not looking at GA, instructing, or turboprops.

I've already checked the 4 main operators (Qantas, Jetstar, Virgin, Tiger), and I haven't seen any openings for the last two years now.

So, before I uproot my entire family, I'm looking for a little help within the recruitment departments within any of these major airlines. I'm NOT looking for a shortcut or a backdoor to a job! I'm not hinting at an under-the-table deal. I just need contacts (HR, Chief Pilots, etc.) who I can sit down with and have a frank discussion about my prospects within their respective operations.

Any help will be appreciated!

Last edited by J.L.Seagull; 28th Jun 2015 at 12:41.