PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police seize drone over Wimbledon Tennis area.
Old 27th Jun 2015, 19:53
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Police seize drone over Wimbledon Tennis area.

First one I've ever read about in UK being nicked by Police (sort of).
Police pulled a chap who was flying one about over the tennis courts.
Police seize Wimbledon drone as security tightens after terror attacks | UK news | The Guardian

Police are right to be jumpy about this sort of thing now. Eventually, does not just about every sort of new machine become a weapon in the end?
I'm guessing the drone and its master here were both pretty entirely innocent, in this case. Just a sports fan, or press? But we are seeing the future here and now-soon drones flying about will be very commonplace. Transporting stuff, couriers, live news feeds, traffic feeds, survey work-all sorts of pleasure and commercial - its right upon us and quickly to.
As regards national security, have the old bill pushed the RAF out of the way on this then? In regards defence? Can you even realistically defend people on the ground from drone intrusion?
Can you jam out the signal to a drone being used? In the manner you can jam mobile phones etc? We probably already are.
I know Prunes done drone threads before, I just think they will be some much of a part of our future lives, like cars and phones, for better or worse.
RAF Drone Defence Force. Send for the DDF....RAFDDF..hmmmm..work in progress.
RAFADAF....maybe.