PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sir Angus Houston Supports Government Policy
Old 27th Jun 2015, 13:15
swh

Eidolon

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by same ole drongo
Sir Angus never said a jet from Perth to Newman remained in Controlled Airspace. Pull your head in.
I am sorry which aircraft was being referred to then with "all passenger aircraft in controlled air space were "controlled every inch to the ground"

To me, the word all, would mean every, including a schedule RPT flight to Newman (or insert the name of any regional town).

As for lack of TAFs at O-dark hundred, if you want them, you pay. Simple as that.
I dont want the forecast, its the people who live there that want it. They are tax payers, and they already fund the BOM. They are the miners, they are the primary produces, they are the people generating export revenue.

Elitist city people thinking country people deserve second class services.

Encountered a VFR last week, Broome to Port Hedland, crossing our track. Tower still closed. Brisbane Centre gave us a traffic alert on the VFR, virtually opposite direction, below, climbing and then levelling at 4800ft. I'll give you one guess how ATC saw him...
TWR still closed, controlled all the way to the ground.

Back in the good ole days, VFR traffic were allowed to talk on the radio, and the amount of airspace each sector had was smaller. "Rationalization" into two ATC centers and "productivity" has made CASA tell VFR traffic to stop talking on the radio.

None of that helps a IFR aircraft in cloud.