PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2015, 23:42
AerRyan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EI-A330-300
Really because people of Cork have such a big choice currently to London.....people had no choice to but to use FR when EI pulled out of SNN and they suddenly regained numbers when they returned. Not everybody can afford to fly Aer Lingus as they have limited slots are make as much as possible out of those slots so are forced to FR as EI don't have capacity and no other carriers.

You are right EI won't drop such much as they can get anything up to 200 return but will be competitive, all 3 airports will suit different people but making a blanket statement saying no additional passengers will be generated is madness. How many passengers fly ex KIR/SNN because FR are cheaper than at Cork?

If those passengers now fly ex SNN why have EIR increase traffic on routes such as BHX-ORK still charging those high fares?

Notice you have dogged the EI extra capacity ex SNN this winter question, where will those passengers come from???? I will give you the answer the same place where Cork will generate them!
Prices will stay lower for longer due to more capacity, but I think it will only steal pax back from the FR services. Not provide any real growth.

Give that same answer?

Notice I only disagree with the fact that this will grow pax. I think the WX service is good as it increases the airline diversity at ORK.