PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2015, 23:25
ediks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: How does Bristow survive??

I find it interesting that someone who mentioned cadets talking "sh*t" in the crew room doesn't see the irony of coming onto an anonymous internet forum to say that the previous managing director of Bristow misplaced $40 million dollars and without pausing for breath then goes on to tell us that the HR Manager corruptly enriched himself to the tune of a couple million dollars!!
That's exactly the kind of thing I'd expect a bored cadet-pilot or trainee engineer to be talking about not a professional who should have better things to do with his or her time.
To the gentleman who says that COBI does not "seem" to apply to nationals I ask if it'd be possible to furnish us with proof that supports your statement or if like the gentleman who posted before you, you're passing on scuttlebutt as fact?
A point I'd like clarified is why the code of business integrity does not "seem" to apply to nationals? It either does or it does not, your use of "seems to" seems to me that you're a wee bit unsure about that which you speak of!
Regarding that topic though, "Nigerians" works better than "nationals" If you're going to cast us all as corrupt incompetents the least you can do is call us by our proper name.
I'd also hope that you at least understand that replacing expatriates who are paid more than their Nigerian counterparts might be seen to be an attempt at financial prudence by reducing the wage bill and not more corrupt practices??
If Bristow really is losing 40-50 million dollars every 7-8 years then surely something should be done to stem the flow??
Lastly, since we are weighing in with our opinions here, it might be a good thing to proof read your post before hitting send as you said 'safe a few bucks' which makes me think you might have been talking about the need for us to hoard our stash?
Think before you post guys!!
It's neither clever nor funny to generalize about people due to the actions of a few!