PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amiri Flight Wannabees
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2015, 17:54
VVIP Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What everyone wants to know

Hi Hopefuls,

Qatar Amiri Flight. I was rather frustrated at the lack of information when I started, so let's break it down for the hopefuls....

It's a great airline and I can honestly say it has been a privilege to work for such a wonderful group of passengers. Take the most impossible service experience you have ever had and you will never come close to experiencing it at Amiri Flight - they're fantastic passangers. Take out ego's from your crew and it is possibly the best job around.

Basic is 8,500QR + some minor benefits . Per diums are $100pd (-12 hours) and $250pd (+12 hours). You can be out from 1 day to 5 weeks, it depends entirely. You will fly more as you gain experience with the pax. You will be accommodated in single luxury accommodation that will not be beaten (I don't care who you work for). That goes for the hotels too.

Expect around 100 nightstops PA when you first start, but it will build exponentially as time goes on - depending on how capable you are. Hard work is almost always rewarded.

Expect to be on 24 hour standby with no roster - at all. I was never privy to a rostered environment prior, so it wasn't necessarily a problem for me, but it is for others.

42 days a year leave with 2 x economy flights to your home.

Over 26 years of age is preferred, but younger crew with experience are always considered. You can apply via their website directly. If you do not meet the criteria, you will not be considered - simple.

Best job I have ever had and I will be sad to leave, but persons visiting your apartment is restricted so be mindful of that.

Good luck!!