PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When travelling on Staff Travel (EK)
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2015, 12:15
Fack5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hold on a moment, GN, the HR manual says staff may be treated the same as regular pax and they are quite entitled to the service. Sad to see Jack being encouraged to report a colleague, there's more than enough of that garbage taking place as it is.

I've always found the check-in staff to be just fine and a few have gone well out of their way to help out but over the years there's definitely been the odd cabin crew member (now and then) with a chip who dishes out attitude no matter how polite the staff pax. Not many at all but enough to be noticed. It also happens to other cabin crew. Too many stories of CC sticking it to each other in the economy cabin for them to be "one-offs." Bad apples in every lot it seems.

As for me I still get the occasional "duty free" bag of bottled goodies when disembarking because I treat the crew the way I'd like to be treated and they dig it.

GMWs, your er, um.. how do I put it.... "dislike" of pilots' wives has been noticed in the past. Letting one or two isolated cases color your outlook, perhaps? Certainly not sour grapes......