PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When travelling on Staff Travel (EK)
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2015, 11:58
Gulf News

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You almost always get what you give, I find...
Quite right. There are many people in this part of the world too filled with their own self importance. My experience is the exact opposite of Dear Jacks. I treat everyone with respect and courtesy, demand nothing and try to help out whenever requested (ie change seat). I guess that I am just easy to please but in 18 years I have never had an issue with either ground staff or onboard crew tegarding staff travel.

The check in staff are overworked, underpaid and demotivated as with most EK staff. They are the just the public face of the crap policies, rules and facilities imposed from higher up. They have no authority to deviate from procedure and like us risk their jobs if they do so. Have a little empathy for them and you might just brighten up their otherwise monotonous and tiring day/night.

Jack, if you have a genuine grievance then there is a formal procedure to follow in the staff travel manual. If your issues are just a hissy fit at something inconsequential then be prepared to be told to go take a hike.