PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When travelling on Staff Travel (EK)
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2015, 09:41
givemewings

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Generally speaking, there are a minority who seem to have missed the 'staff passengers must not detract from the level of service being given to full fare pax' memo.

Asking for the 12th cappuccino when the crew are flat chat serving the main meals is not the way to endear yourself to the ones serving you that day.

By all means ask for what you like but don't take the p!ss...

Example: wife of staff traveller (department not mentioned to protect the guilty) tugging on the skirt of a CC, who was talking to another pax at the time to take a meal order, to demand her children be given meals from the main menu when they had SPML ordered.

CC to their credit politely informed her they were taking a meal order and would be with her shortly. Staff waited about 20 seconds before repeating the action and CC then nicely said she would need to finish taking the orders as the flight was full and return after to let her know what was available. Staff then pulled a nasty face and loudly said "Give me steak I don't care about them". Lovely!

With people like that ruining it for the rest of you no wonder some of the CC are over dealing with it.

I've noticed the staff pax who beings with 'No rush, but when you get a minute....' seems to get whatever they requested in a timely manner. The ones behaving like the above... well... they do get it eventually....

Personally I get on, I sit down and I stick to myself. If they want to fawn over me, that's their choice. If they're busy, and I need something, I go to the galley and get it myself. I bring my own snacks and water and if something is wrong with my seat I let them know so they can put it in the book.

You almost always get what you give, I find...