PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline pilots 'buckling under unacceptable pressures'?
Old 25th Jun 2015, 18:53
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TV. I just make the point that there appears to be no loud voice on behalf of the oppressed and abused, as there was in the day of the train drivers and coal miners. I'm living in full reality where I realise that corporate & shareholder greed decides much policy in many industries. Human issues have taken a backward step. You sound like you are such a victim.
EU wokers' directive has benefited those of lower level salaried workers status. As soon as you rise to anything basically described as management or professional status you have no rights. You work until the job is done. No breaks, no fixed start/finish times, no overtime, no compensation for extras. It is all supposed to be included in your perks and extras. guess what; those perks & extras are the first thing that hatchet management chop off. You are now are back to the grind wheel with no worker's protections and all of the grunt. No unions to protect you; you are management. Top management are all about slash & burn to make short term bonuses. Long tern career minded employees are all about long term survival and improvement of their company, plus a slice of the pie. Their voice is never heard. Who has the greater interest of the company at heart, but who benefits most? More airlines have gone bust and the 'buster' has gone on to continue their wave of destruction, unheeded, than any pilots' union has crashed an airline.