PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline/Manufacturer differences
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2015, 08:16
GlenQuagmire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no idea why companies have SOPs that differ from the manufacturers SOPs. I don't know of a single situation where a company SOP that differs from the manufacturer is justified. Has anyone got an example? And if it exists, why isnt it fed back to the manufacturer so that they can evaluate it and change it.
While I'm on a rant, why do OPC's even exist? What are they for? I get that theres a slightly different load of hurdles to get over and hoops to jump through but whats the point? Surely I'm supposed to operate in accordance with the SOPs on the LPC too? Why don't I just do an LPC every 6 months?
The biggest advantage of having exactly the same SOPs as the manufacturer is that you stroll out of the sim after your type rating with an LPC/OPC and don't have to go through all the junk of having some poor sim instructor go through all the bull**** of pretending to learn your specific way of doing things. And its very tough for the authorities to argue with. If you do everything the way the manufacturer says, the authorities are happy, the insurance companies are happy, training and testing is easy, you can use freelance crew easily, how nice is that!