PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2015, 04:25
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are getting applicants from the whole spectrum although most are either F/O's from LCC's in the EU..., to RJ captains from the US and other places, to guys coming for our commuting conditions from the ME...., We even have a 777 skipper that came to the right seat. But that is not common although with deteriorating conditions as I read here and other sites, it wouldn't surprise me to see more people going for a commuting contract.

On the other hand, there have been several folks leaving recently, a few US guys going for jobs at the majors and the cargo gigs in the US...., but not just guys from the US, couple of guys from OZ left right after they got checked on the line, I don't know where they went.

People need to understand that this indeed is a good gig for the commuting conditions but there are a LOT of issues with fatigue, lack of communication, policies being implemented that are specifically placed to alienate the pilots from management etc......! And our management team doesn't understand that no longer this is by far the best option out there, this contract has fallen behind in pay and conditions..., China is putting a lot of pressure with pay and month on/month off rosters and taxes paid in China.

It is just NOT the small happy family atmosphere that once was and there are some tantalizing options out there