PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comms in the Gulf
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2015, 20:32
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATCO1962,

Thanks for the classy and humble post. The callsign similarity blame has to rest completely with EK, who has done the sum total of nothing to address it. There was briefly an initiative to use alternate callsigns, it never came to anything and was quietly removed from the company NOTAMS. Keep up the good work, men!

For those who slag the level of ATC in the UAE/Dubai, I suggest in the interests of educating themselves they take one of the APC ("the organization formerly known as the Emirates Pilots Club") El Mundo cruises. Lots of ATCO/pilots aboard and besides being a great piss-up will enlighten you as to why a lot of things that seem to make no sense, are done. The controllers in the region are as good or better than any in the world, and if you actually understood the limitations they work under you might not be so critical. The faults are 99% with the infrastructure, not the operators.

And for the EK (SUPER) heroes who constantly check in with Dubai and proceed to tie up the frequency with 15 seconds of verbal diarrhea, please...READ THE BLOODY AOI! Give your callsign, your passing level, and your type. That's it! No need to give your cleared level, the ATIS, the QNH, your squawk, your blood type, sexual preference, and on and on. YOU are the problem, not the solution.

Just f-ing read it, it's not rocket surgery.

AOI 1-30
On initial contact with ARR report:
- ACFT callsign
- Passing LVL
- ACFT type
Geezuz I'm not even Australian and I can figure it out!