PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Pilot Tour lengths, etc
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2015, 20:21
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Skeleton, I didn't make the 4 ranks bit but;

We flew an OP sortie and were then slated to deploy to St Mawgan to continue the OP. Mrs PN was just about to pop PN 2.

Difficult choice.

BV is right [quote]These days it is entirely possible to have a much more stable career than your predecessors enjoyed. Just look at the aircraft types and you will realise that they are mostly confined to one base nowadays.[/]
Crew were brilliant. Short story, we flew the OP, did the debrief, crew did a hot QTR after the 9 hr sortie and I got home in time. We are still married.

You need to sit down and have a serious in depth discussion with Mrs and decide your options.

PS
BV is right [quote]These days it is entirely possible to have a much more stable career than your predecessors enjoyed. Just look at the aircraft types and you will realise that they are mostly confined to one base nowadays.[/]

It was certainly true that some, even at the height of the cold war, spent almost the whole of their time on one type at one base on an 8-5 Monday to Friday basis but that could be deadly boring.