PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - By Great Deal
Thread: By Great Deal
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2015, 16:18
Pelikal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Before I try anything drastic, I'm wondering how much of a threat, if any, YAC really is.

I did a full scan with Defender on the C: drive and it found nothing. I have real time protection turned on. Super Anti Spy keeps flagging YAC but it doesn't uninstall. I have no system restore disk. I have a system repair disk which I made at the start of the month but not sure how much that can do.

Reformat and reinstall I frankly don't see as an option.

As fate would have it, the partition on an external drive which contained a system image fcuked off. That image probably contains YAC anyway but it may overcome the services issues. I split the drive into 2 partitions and I now see only one.

I used CCleaner to check the register.

Belfrybat
Delete the folder, or if you're worried about data loss, move it to somewhere other than the current path.
In C: program, I have a folder called Elex-tech and in that resides the YAC folder. Do you mean try moving the YAC folder to another location? I'm not sure where to (a restore point has been made).

The machine is actually running quite smoothly now so I'm sort of thinking leave it as it is. Putting annoyances aside, is the security of my machine compromised, such as for online banking?