PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comms in the Gulf
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2015, 15:23
Outatowner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wait before transmit?

Generally we don't need an ATCO to tell us what was learnt on day one of flying training about radiotelephony but sadly in this part of the world the basics are lost, especially with indians on the air, speaking at the speed of light, the definition of a millisecond being between when one transmission ends and theirs begins, a bit like when the light goes green at an intersection.

Callsign confusion - ironic when in 3/4 of calls no one even bothers using a callsign anyway..

ATC could lift the game a little too. Answer instead of ignoring a call as often happens leaving pilots to wonder if they're on the wrong freq, how about if busy, at least say "Standby." How long does that take? Saudi, India, Oman are the worst offenders. The 'S' in ATS means 'service'

The need to constantly re-establish contact before making a call does my head in around this place. You've just been speaking on VHF, then need to re-establish contact all over again back and forth just to make another routine call. This place really is full of retards.

PS: 1962 I've had transmissions from ARR and DEP I know are to my flight but addressed to the wrong but similar flight number. ATCOs need to think before transmitting when similar numbers are in the air. It does work both ways.

The bottom line 1962 is that some commercial departments overrule all operational considerations in the flight ops department run by toothless tigers who only have the balls to pick on their own pilots, not tackle real issues.
Ahhhh... there, 1962, like you I've had a cathartic outpouring. Feels good but nothing will ever change........... Let's all meet for a beer.