PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter crash off the coast of Newfoundland - 18 aboard, March 2009
Old 24th Jun 2015, 12:04
Lonewolf_50

Received 412 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by NickLappos
All of us in this industry, in every job, strive to make the best total operations - manufacturers of components, aircraft, engines, operators of the aircraft, pilots, engineers, logistics experts, refuellers, regulators - all of us work our careers to give our passengers the proper safe comfortable and productive flight.

The pilots and engineers that I know from AW, Bell, Mil, Kamov, Airbus and Sikorsky (and I know lots of them) are all professionals, and they lose sleep, as I do, when our best efforts aren't good enough.
A question well asked about "the system" (with all of those folks in it) remains: how was the lesson learned in the incident in Australia (previous to this tragic crash) spread among the interested parties? A variety of "if we know this, what do we do with that information" arises every time things are discovered in the field. This question is informed by the case of a swashplate bearing and the eventual addition of the bearing monitor panel, in another model of aircraft.