PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Managed path
Thread: BA Managed path
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2015, 08:28
BBK

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi CE

I'm not BA but another company that have recruited lots of ex mil and there's an aspect that I don't believe that anyone has mentioned and that is the concept of Zero Flight Time (ZFT) training. To qualify for ZFT one needs a number of hours on a "heavy"jet. I can't remember the exact number maybe 1000 hours on a jet say 25 tonnes. This allows the trainee to then be trained on a ZFT compatible sim which means that the "circuit bashing" is done on the sim and not the a/c which saves thousands.

I fly with a lot of ex mil who either flew multis so had the heavy time or had a period perhaps flying short haul so they qualified for ZFT. The point I'm making is that the actual course is probably the same whether you are ex Typhoon, Wokka or C17. The benefit to the airline is that the ZFT allows the trainee to bypass the base training in the real aircraft. If you join BA I imagine the course you undertake will be the same except you will need to go off and fly an hour(ish) of circuits to have the type put on your licence. I'm sure you're realising now in the civvy world it's all about money! Hope that helps and good luck.

Regards

BBK