PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2015, 00:34
Australopithecus

Received 79 Likes on 36 Posts
Keg, I, and I hope all regulars sympathise with your position, and hope that the promotion treadmill restarts again soon, and with vigour.

The reality is though, that no one trusts management. Without concrete penalties for non-performance specified in any agreement then its all just so much more happy horse ****. What happens if the 787 is a simple replacement for the 330 without meaningful route expansion? What mechanism exists to revert to the current T & Cs if it was all just another Clifford/Joyce con game?

They tried the lock out. I reckon this is their try at a lock-in.

As it stands Airbus does not have a life extension program in place for the 330. It currently is 60,000 hours. (In Airbus parlance, life extensions are called ISG and ESG, for intermediate and extended service goals). Thus far only the A320 has any service goal extension program in place (To 90, ISG, then 120 K, ESG hours)

My (admittedly, often) unreliable sources in Toulouse (flight test) tell me that the extension programme for the 330 is unlikely. (It was after all supposed to be in place two years ago). So then, cast an eye to the airframe hours of the early QF deliveries that went on to squander their JQ airframe lives in service to the unwashed doing unspeakable things to the unamused. By 2018 the first four, then the next four, will be time expired beer cans disguised as aeroplanes. Parse that against your most optimistic 787 delivery schedule.

I still don't know how, or indeed if, I will vote. If I had a dog in this particular fight I would be even more unsure. Good luck.