PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maritime Monday
Thread: Maritime Monday
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2015, 23:45
olddog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last Mk3 from ISK

Shackman, Shack37, I believe it was the last official departure. There may have been other airframes remaining at Kinloss. I was the Co Pilot. Selected members of the Press were "treated" to a last fly round the Moray coast and after they had been dropped off we carried out this flypast for their benefit and ferried the aircraft to Cosford. This was an interesting exercise as the weather was below limits for the Cosford NDB approach. We tried an "Offset SRA" from Shawbury given by an infamous lady Air Traffic Controller (Shi**ey Gr**ve) before giving up and going to Shawbury for the night. The departure from Shawbury next day was (thankfully) delayed by the weather (most of the crew were "under the weather" after sharing a grog or 2 with various characters including said lady controller and my QFI from BFT. Eventually WR974 was delivered to Cosford. We returned by Civair. The BEA crew were not impressed by 6 Shack crew wearing bone domes and LSJs playing Kirkey round the tables at the front of the Viscount. The passengers were even less impressed when we diverted to Kinloss (because of fog at Inverness) and the RAF Chaps said "Ta very much - Goodnight" before walking off into the darkness.